WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. LEE
Reference Number: LEE
Our client within the financial services field is currently searching for a Actuarial Manager with extensive experience in the actuarial healthcare industry and employee benefits.
- IAS 19 post-employment healthcare liability valuations
- Advice and implementation of reduction strategies around post-employment healthcare
- Strategic healthcare market reviews including scheme comparisons as well as benchmarking exercises
- Alignment of actuarial reporting with published ASSA Guidance Notes and other regulatory requirements
- Ad hoc projects including employee benefits consulting queries and on the job troubleshooting
- Involvement with risk management systems and processes of benefit providers
- New business sales tools e.g. scheme performance to demonstrate ongoing strategic management advisory function and medical scheme evaluation
- Healthcare consulting models e.g. pricing and the ability to present management information reports in respect of cost & benefit comparisons with market alternatives
- Responsible for new business and growth of the actuarial portfolio, including tenders and renewals
- Delivery of specialised healthcare consulting models and tools including other technical input
- Managing a team of actuarial analysts coordinating timely delivery of scheme reviews etc.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Near or fully qualified actuary (FIA/FFA/FASSA/AMASSA) – not negotiable
- B Degree, B.Com. or B.Sc. degree with specialisation in actuarial, mathematical statistics or economics
- Five years post-qualification experience with actuarial or related work experience, preferably in employee benefits (healthcare and/or retirement fund consulting)
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African employee benefits industry
- Understanding of the medical scheme and retirement fund legislation
- Full broker (intermediary) accreditation with the Council for Medical Schemes
- Completed the First Level Regulatory Examination as a Representative and/or Key Individual in Categories I, II, IIA, III and IV.