WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. RSB
Reference Number: RSB
A leading Financial services & insurance provider is currently seeking an Actuarial Manager for the Group Finance Actuarial segment. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the product – focusing financial reporting.
- A key requirement will be to manage the various product-focused reporting teams, comprising both actuaries and students, to deliver quality and timeous reporting.
- The role requires sound technical knowledge as well as the ability to effectively manage and coach team members. The successful individual will demonstrate a sound understanding of the key financial drivers across the product ranges, link metrics, extract insights for business consideration and collaborate effectively with both business and specialized areas and across all levels.
- As reporting is required to meet the needs of various stakeholders, there will be a strong focus on ensuring the reporting capability (process and models) is robust, efficient and fit for purpose, with appropriate controls. The role will also require participation in various projects, in particular IFRS17 over the medium term, which will present opportunities to develop further insights and influence reporting within and across the various teams.
- Financial & Risk Reporting: Effectively manage teams to ensure that valuation, capital and other risk reporting are produced accurately, within agreed deadlines and with appropriate supporting commentary.
- Business Planning / Forecasting: Produce information for forecasting and ongoing monitoring (outside of valuation periods) of the financial impacts of the business strategy.
- Business Partnering: Extract insights for business consideration and collaborate effectively with both business and specialized areas across all levels.
- IFRS 17 implementation: Manage the segment’s involvement in the IFRS 17 project and the transition of reporting into the Business Unit.
- Reporting Capability: Ensure processes and models are efficient, robust and fit for purpose. Drive synergies and standardization across the product reporting teams and ensure the control environment is adequate and effective.
- Ad-hoc projects: Support the delivery of relevant projects objectives, as and when these arise.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Qualified Actuary
- At least 8 years’ experience
- Self-motivated and energetic individuals who enjoy the challenge of tackling complex issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to influence stakeholders outside his / her immediate area
- Organisation and Planning
- Ability to work on a wide range of deliverables at once, drive projects to completion
- Strong sense of ownership, requiring minimal guidance
- Ability to gather a wide range of information, filter and then use in making sound and balanced decisions
- Strong business acumen
- South African nationals preferred