WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. RSBBLR009
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR009
Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and leading the activities of the Communications and Events Management Department. The Director will be responsible for three sub-units; Brand Management, Media Relations & Internal Communications and Events Management. The Director will support the development and implementation of strategies and plans to support the Bank’s communication process with external stakeholders and internal. The jobholder functions as a key part of the Bank’s Management in charge of the public information dissemination team, ensuring effective communication of the Bank’s message through the use of communication tools and management of events designed to make the Bank better known.
- Organize and lead established day-to-day management of the Bank’s communications, public relations and events management processes in line with agreed objectives, policies and procedures in line with the Bank’s strategic plans;
- Ensure the continuous application of required knowledge and skills and process improvements in the implementation of the Bank’s Communications Strategy and systems and providing leadership in proposing and implementing new ones as required. As part of this process, lead and have oversight responsibility for the Brand Management, Media Relations & Events and Internal Communications teams, establishing clear reporting lines for the three sub-units;
- Demonstrate leadership ability and a teamwork orientation by successfully leading all matters related to the communications, public relations and events management processes at all the Bank’s locations;
- Be a member of the Bank’s Management team, advising the Senior Management on all matters related to communications and events management;
- Lead the department's team to ensure constant review of the Bank's communication and branding strategies and ensuring that they are effective in promoting the Bank's policies, programmes and interventions the leading financial development institution in Africa;
- Act as the Bank's spokesperson on the instructions of the President and Senior Management;
- Advise the President and Senior Management on public relations, communications and event management issues within and outside the Bank;
- Lead and coordinate Bank-wide communications across organizational units in all offices (HQ and Branch Offices), and for specific operational or knowledge projects, by providing general guidelines, and setting clear communication goals and key performance indicators, and ensuring the allocation of necessary human and financial resources to achieve the required objectives;
- Enhance knowledge and communications to key publics and specific groups in member countries (national authorities, business groups, the general public, etc.), planning, preparing and implementing information programmes to keep them informed of the Bank's programmes and achievements;
- Prepare and implement communication programmes to mobilize public opinion to support the trade and economic development of Africa, and Bank activities in the area, through the publication of articles and speeches, dissemination of films, organization of exhibitions. Management of events, visits, debates, etc.
- Ensure the production and distribution of high quality and informative communications products like brochures, publications, press reviews, audio-visual and electronic documents for the media and the public to enhance the Bank's image, and maintain good and close working relations with key media companies;
- Prepare and disseminate press releases, as well as organize and conduct press conferences, seminars and other encounters to present the Bank's views on major trade and economic issues in Africa;
- Produce bulletins, information circulars and other publications on Bank activities for regular circulation to staff in order to enhance understanding of Management's objectives and initiatives.
- Provide advice and assistance required for formulating Bank policies and plans on the design, implementation and dissemination of Bank information products and coordinate the publishing and distribution services for printed and electronic Bank publications;
- Provide advice and guidance for managing events and activities organized or hosted by the Bank; and
- Implement the Bank's information disclosure policy and ensure that information about the Bank reaches its various publics through appropriate channels.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, or other disciplines relevant to the position. Candidates must also hold at least one postgraduate degree from a reputable University in the relevant discipline;
- An internationally recognized professional qualification in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 12 years with a leading organization, preferably international, and demonstrated experience in communications strategy development and implementation, brand management and events management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and proficiency or good working knowledge of French. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages (Arabic and Portuguese) is an added advantage;
- Familiarity with functions and operating modalities of financial service institutions will be a clear advantage;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and good knowledge of the African continent;
- Ability to engage senior officials of media companies, banks, corporates and governments for purposes of disseminating required information about the Bank;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals;
- A thorough knowledge of Africa’s political, economic and trade landscape and the ability to confidently discuss the same with a range of senior external stakeholders.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply