WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. RSBBLR005
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR005
The role of the position holder will be to participate in drawing up annual business development plans in trade finance and trade services and to implement these plans with support from the Director of Trade Finance. The job holder’s main responsibility will be for the trade services and correspondent banking portfolio.
- Coordinate with trade finance, trade services and client coverage teams, together with other business units to acquire new trade clients by matching Afreximbank credit appetite with a healthy credit risk level;
- Manage the utilization of the existing trade portfolio and drive the growth in business
- Facilitate all activities related to the execution of new trade facilities.
- Acquire new clients and maximize utilization of approved limits in line with Afreximbank’s business strategy, achieve revenue targets and trade asset targets and push for trade utilization on target amounts.
- Provide and share market & product updates with client coverage teams / other product partners
- Generate internal management reports by conducting research, collecting in-house data, and designing the format and presentation of the reports
- Arrange and record the details of all internal trade meetings
- Conduct business / industry research which will help Head of Trade to formulate the relevant business strategy;
- Structuring transactions, developing and negotiating term sheets to execution;
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of international trade finance;
- Design schemes and roadshows for establishing market presence with emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of the Bank’s activities;
- Supporting the credit department with information to facilitate the credit process and the legal department in the facilitation of transaction documentation;
- In line with the above, liaise with the Banking Operations department and Trade Services team to ensure that once approval is obtained, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same;
- Establishing ties with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, (trade finance intermediaries), corporates and commodity boards and organizations;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- First and Post graduate degrees in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University;
- A professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance will be an advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading organization and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndications, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, and considerable knowledge of how these works;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
- Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Proven experience in marketing trade finance products. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling trade services products;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply