WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. LIPBLR10
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LIPBLR10
- Assisting the Bank to set up a new Unit to handle Intra-African Trade Fairs and Exhibitions;
- Preparing an annual Intra-African Trade Fair Work Plan and Budget for Management’s Approval;
- Implementing activities in the approved work plan relating to the preparation and organization of bi-annual trade fairs with key focus on:
- Marketing and Promotion;
- IATF Conference;
- Business to Business Exchange;
- the Virtual Trade Fair;
- the Creative Economy; and
- Sponsorship Mobilization and Fulfilment.
- develop policies and guidelines for Afreximbank’ s participation in third party Trade Fairs and Exhibitions including country solo exhibitions etc.
- develop and manage relationships with organised private sector focused on promoting Intra-African trade (e.g. Bilateral Business Councils, Pan-African Chamber of Commerce, Sub-Regional Business Councils).
- Support the effective use of the exhibition spaces at Afreximbank-African Trade Centres.
- Play an active role in trade and investment promotion activities in Africa, especially those directed towards intra-regional trade and investments.
- Collaborate with the Trade Information function in the effective use of trade shows and exhibitions in generating trade information.
- Managing high level relationship with stakeholders in relation to the trade fair and especially the African Union, Trade Fair Advisory Council and the Host country government etc.
- Undertaking an evaluation of trade fairs and ensuring application of lessons learnt in subsequent trade fairs.
- Ensure that the trade fair is run as a commercially viable and sustainable event;
- As may be delegated by Senior Management, representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known.
- Carry out any other work related to the Intra-African Trade Fairs and exhibitions.
- Any other duties as assigned by Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree and post graduate degree in Economics, Communications, Event Management, Social Sciences, International Trade, or other trade related disciplines from a recognized University;
- A recognized post graduate professional qualification in a relevant area will be an advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 10 years with a leading trade policy/promotion organization, think tank, or development/international finance institution and familiarity with the practical solutions on aspects of trade facilitation including trade promotion, trade shows and promoting Intra-African trade and investment;
- Experience in Trade Shows and Exhibitions is absolutely essential;
- Demonstrated experience in trade facilitation, trade promotion, organising trade and investment promotion events, Business to Business/Government Exchanges and conferences;
- Demonstrated experience of general trade and investment issues within the continent (e.g. regional blocs, AFCFTA etc…);
- Knowledge of the role of trade and market information in terms of facilitating Intra-African Trade and investment;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of national, regional and international trade and investment bodies and national governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals; and
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’ s mandate.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply