WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. LIPBLRA3
- Conduct industry and market research
- Conduct pricing analysis, including primary and secondary market pricing; prepare regular pricing reports for syndicated deals in various regional markets
- Undertake research and analysis on prospective transactions, clients, companies and industries to identify financial trends and potential deals.
- Assist with all due diligence related activities as required.
- Proactively works with senior Syndications staff to syndicate loans and/or manage syndicated loans Assist with development of pitch book, presentations and proposals to potential clients for syndicated Mandated Lead Arranger (MLA) roles.
- Assist with preparation of syndication materials including, Mandate letter, Teasers and Project Information Memorandum
- Assist with conducting deal specific market soundings and development of lists of prospective banks for syndications
- Assisting and managing transaction-related Q&A/due diligence questions from investors/lenders Assist with negotiating commercial and legal agreements on loans
- Setting up, managing and maintaining data sites for syndicated transactions
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with counterparts in investment departments, treasury department, legal, financial operations, and/or trust funds and with investors
- Maintain database of pipeline deals and syndication loan portfolio
- Interfacing with lender's counsel and consultants for syndication-related matters
- Developing and/or interpreting financial models, including conducting of the relevant financial analysis and risk assessment on projects being contemplated.
Deal Origination, Appraisal and Execution Support
- Assist with conducting the due diligence/KYC and credit checks on prospective counterparties and/or projects.
- Review company, economic and financial information for new transactions.
- Assist with the preparation of transactions related documents including Mandate letters, Investment Memoranda, engagement letters, proposals, term sheets etc.) for Syndication transactions being contemplated.
- Assist with evaluation of the feasibility of projects including the ability to construct and evaluate detailed project-finance type, cash flow projections using excel
- Provide support to the remainder of the team as required.
Market Intelligence and specialist knowledge
- Develop and regularly update the syndication unit’s pitch book/ brochure
- Keep abreast of external trends and developments relating to syndication loans and Debt Capital Market.
- Develop a quarterly bulletin as a means of keeping the organization aware/ informed of the external market trends and the syndication unit activities.
- Provide support during all phases of developing new syndication product(s) and other new debt mobilization initiatives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A strong first degree in business, finance, engineering or economics from a recognised university.
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Investment or a related field of study is an added advantage.
- Relevant finance-related certification(s) is/are an added advantage.
- 3 years of work experience with at least 2 years of experience in loan syndication, direct investment or financial advisory functions preferably with a leading international bank or similar development/international financial institution.
- Relevant certifications related to finance is an added advantage.
- Solid communication and writing skills with fluency in English. French is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice.