WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. THJ
Reference : THJ
- Support origination and management of new clients and opportunities within the transportation and logistics asset finance sector, across Africa with focus on francophone countries.
- Pitch, structure, negotiate, market, execute and close transactions in project development, equity, debt and trade finance sectors.
- Assist in client coverage and management of key accounts.
- Support management of transaction processes from origination to closing, including engagement with technical and financial advisors in the analysis for such transactions.
- Work with other team members in Investments and colleagues across the organization to process the administration of each transaction as it goes through the approval process.
- Develop/Review and investigate key aspects of financial models (including financial analysis, pricing, valuation, capital, and other business decision making models) to evaluate the financial viability of transactions.
- Support executing tasks encompassing technical review of infrastructure projects.
- Develop presentations and proposals (including “pitch books”) to clients for debt/equity transactions
- Prepare transactions documents (engagement letters, proposals, presentations, Information Memorandums, term sheets, valuations etc.) for transactions being contemplated by the company
- Undertake research and analysis, including on prospective clients and companies, to identify financial trends and issues to provide a sound basis for investment decisions
- Conduct financial analysis and risk assessment on project proposals, including developing and interpreting financial models
- Participate in deal meetings as well as help maintain client relationships
- Conduct due diligence on prospective clients
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A strong first degree in engineering/economics/finance from a recognised university
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Civil engineering, Finance, or a related field of study.
- Relevant certifications related to finance and/ or project management Experience
- 4 to 8 years professional experience preferably in infrastructure related investment banking – deal origination and execution.
- Proficient in transaction modelling and understanding of transaction structures.
- Excellent client origination and management skills.
- Previous experience in the transport sector will be an added advantage.
- Previous professional experience or training in research, financial analysis and presentations Language
- Solid communication and writing skills (fluency in English and French preferable).
- Willingness to travel
- Team player mentality with the potential to take the lead on transactions