WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. LEESAT
*Candidates of all nationalities encouraged to apply*
Our client is a Pan-African Development Financial Institution with a focus on infrastructure investment and they are currently seeking a Senior Associate, Treasury with extensive derivatives and hedging experience.
- Provide guidance and support in structuring current product lines consisting of interest rate and currency derivatives, commodity derivatives, partial or full guarantees, credit enhancement, risk sharing facilities and customized derivative-based hedging solutions.
- Prepare appropriate financial models to evaluate Treasury/TCS transactions/Counterparties.
- Lead Treasury/TCS transaction negotiation/ documentation
- Represent the Treasury Client Solutions and Treasury in internal and external forums including international conferences, seminars and workshops and meetings with clients.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients that would lead to new business opportunities.
- Market companys treasury solutions to potential clients/projects as well as banks.
- Conduct industry and market research to assist with business development efforts.
- Play a key role in achieving Treasury’s objectives, goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Proactively identify, measure, and manage interest rate and currency risks on companies funded balance sheet in conjunction with the ALM team, to ensure compliance with the Corporation’s internal policies.
- Coordinate fixed income, money markets and FX trades as well as execute trades to hedge the Corporation’s market risk exposures as may be required from time to time.
- Work with the Treasurer and the Funding team on the implementation of the funding plan.
- Support the team in the negotiation of standard agreements (such as facility agreements, ISDA/CSAs, GMRAs) with eligible lenders and counterparties.
- Analyse the credit strength of Treasury counterparties and prepare appropriate transaction documentation for internal (investment and board committees) approval.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration or any other numerate discipline
- Possession of a relevant professional certification (CFA, ACA, FRM, ACI, CPA, CTP)
- 4-8 years of relevant experience in financial and/or capital markets, commodities, and structured finance (credit guarantees, structured debt funds and similar structures)
- Previous work experience within a DFI, commercial bank, investment bank or other capital-markets focused entity
- Strong skills in evaluating risk and ability to anticipate short-and long-term implications of investment decisions
- Experience in developing presentations of financial materials
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. French will be a plus
- Strong working and market knowledge of Treasury and capital market products, including FX, Money Markets, Derivatives and other hedging structures
- A good understanding of financial and capital market products, liquidity risk and market risk management techniques and the application of derivatives for structuring hedging solutions
- Demonstrated ability to structure, negotiate and execute transactions