WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. RSB
Reference Number: RSB
A Global Logistics company is seeking a CEO to be based in Kenya, this individual will be responsible for the successful management of the overall activities of the company. They would be reporting into the Board of Directors, and will be responsible for ensuring the achievement of the organizations mission & vision, as well as, carrying out the day-to-day management and operations of the company.
- Take the lead in the development and implementation of the organization’s mission, vision, values and long & short-term strategic plans and goals.
- Build and maintain relationships and communication with shareholders, employees, governmental and/or nongovernment organizations and the public.
- Keep informed of all dealings and activities of the organization as well as all relevant external factors such as trends and issues that may impact the organization.
- Ensure that systems are in place to guarantee the flow of information to the management and the board enabling them to make sound decisions and policies.
- Facilitate discussion and deliberation.
- Ensure the assessment, monitoring and management of the principal risks of the organization.
- Ensure adherence to the authorized annual budget of the organization.
- Monitor staffing and structuring activities and capabilities in the interest of achieving the organization’s objectives.
- Ensure management information systems are in place and effective internal controls policies are developed and carried out.
- Warrant the lawful and ethical conduct of activities by ensuring that the organization has the appropriate systems, standards and policies in place. Monitor compliance with the internal control systems and relevant external laws & regulations. Assure the filing of all legal and regulatory documents.
- Advocate maintenance of high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility; ensure integrity of all public declaration by the organization and enjoin all employees to adhere to all applicable laws and policies.
- Assist the board in evaluating the organization’s relevance to the community.
- Keep abreast with developments in social services, governance, philanthropy, fund development and community relations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Education: Master’s degree in Logistics and/or Business Administration
- Experience: Minimum 10 – 12 years’ experience in steering a business either externally or within a large multinational organization.
- Demonstrated successful experience and track record in the region.
- Minimum 7 years Management of a diverse team.
- Understanding of profit and loss account and drivers of the logistics cost and commercial structures.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (Knowledge of additional languages is beneficial)