WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DVM
Reference Number: DVM
The client is a supplier of micro-finance solutions and operates across various Eastern & Southern African countries.
The Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) will, in conjunction with the CEO, be expected to play a lead role in the day to day running of the business in Malawi including providing direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organisation’s strategic business plan objectives and annual goals.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant tertiary qualification is essential. A post graduate qualification will be advantageous.
- Malawian national.
- The company will only look at candidates who have no less than 8 – 10 years relevant, working experience.
- Extensive experience in the financial services sector is essential. Experience in the Microfinance industry will be advantageous.
- Solid management, accounting and legal skills are essential.
- Previous Collections experience will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Malawi and general Microfinance laws relating to financial services, particularly with regard to Microlending is essential.
- A strong command of English, both written and verbal is a requirement of the job.
- Valid driver’s license is essential
- Determination to win and be the best.
- Extraordinary and proven people management and leadership skills, preferably with people from different cultures and countries.
- Above average EQ and substantial experience in the leadership of teams.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to assess complex situations and use creativity to solve problems.