WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. THJ
Ensure monthly collections remain at acceptable group level:
- Payroll collections to be improved to and maintained above 95%.
- Second-tier debit order platform collections to be improved to levels above 80% on a consistent basis.
- Strive to improve arrears to levels at or below targeted levels.
- Strive to improve provision levels at or below targeted levels.
- Ensure the correct collections strategies and campaigns for early and late stage collections are implemented to maintain loan book provisions at the agreed rate.
- Ensure failed collections are analysed and categorised timeously and appropriate actions to collect is put in place and followed through by the collections team.
- Sourcing, contracting and supervising all internal and external collections partners, such as credit bureaus, external collections agents and trace partners, as well as legal partners.
- Ensuring that all uncollectable debt is appropriately motivated and timeously written off after all efforts to collect outstanding amounts has failed.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer, Regional Collections Manager and Head of Credit & Risk in interpreting failed collection and arrears information and in the implementation of corrective actions to recover losses and prevent future occurrences.
- Adhere to all company and collections Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP’s”).
- Ensure that sound relationships are created and maintained with key staff and management at the payrolls of all ministries, counties and private entities, which the Company deals with, as well as with external service providers.
- Ensure that the names, contact numbers and details of all interactions are documented, indexed and preserved.
- Ensure that relationships are structured to ensure that there is a high level of redundancy (back up) through ensuring that the relationships exist across a broad set of Company staff members.
Arrears category management:
- Ensure that all categories of arrears are equitably and timeously monitored, managed and reported on, and that the data, process and results are well documented, indexed and preserved.
- Ensure that all relevant performance and management data is timeously and accurately collected, collated, analysed and disseminated.
- Compile the daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc collections reports to be presented during the monthly Exco and other forums.
- Prepare reports and presentations as required by Executive Management and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the availability of timeous, accurate and correctly presented information to support business decision making.
Management of Collections’ staff:
- Provide leadership, guidance and training to develop personnel and ensure the transference of skills and efficient achievement of goals and objectives.
- Ensure that all collections staff receive regular, documented coaching sessions.
- Ensure that all collections staff are adequately trained and skilled to ensure quality collection strategies and client service.
- Ensure that each staff member is monitored and managed daily against an agreed upon set of measures, and that the process and results are well documented, indexed and preserved.
Maintain fluency in product knowledge, the loans management system and collections procedures necessary to carry out collections processes and conducting client interviews.
- Recommend strategies for improving operations of the department.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant tertiary qualification (such as a B Com or B Com Law Degree) is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with applicable certificates in Collections and Credit Management.
- The company will only consider candidates who have no less than 10 years relevant, working experience in a similar role.
- Candidates should have at least 5 years Collections experience of which at least 2 should have been in a senior supervisory or managerial level role.
- Government payroll and/or other payroll loan collections experience is essential.
- Eswatini Microlending or related financial services experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Eswatini laws relating to financial services, particularly with regard to Microlending, is essential.
- The successful candidate will understand the legal and compliance aspects relating to collections.
- A good command of English, both written and verbal is a requirement of the job