WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DVM
Reference Number: DVM
The Client is a public-private partnership with three overarching objectives:
1) Enhance Tanzania’s food security and accelerate agricultural transformation and green growth
2) Safeguard that this happens in a sustainable and responsible manner
3) Improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and their communities.
Promote a positive, consistent and clear image of the firm’s initiative and brand towards partners and direct stakeholders. The Communication expert will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of the firm’s effective communication and branding strategies across the board. The role will also provide guidance and support in the development and production of media events and engagements for internal and external stakeholders as well as wide publications and media materials, including print, photo, and video for all activities in the area.
- Development and implementation of an annual communication plan for the company and cluster-specific communication plans;
- Provide technical skills on the development and implementation of an overarching communication strategy which will guide in the firm’s promotion and communications with internal and external stakeholders while also tackling any negative publicity and leverage positive publicity to the advantage of the company and the initiative;
- Act as a focal point for the company, for the coordination of media relationships, media engagement with the company for activities and media enquiries – across the broadcast, print and social media outlets;
- Produce accurate, clear and consistent information and communication outputs relating to company goals and the agriculture situation sector – including key messages, presentations, Q&A’s, factsheets and any other useful documentation while working together with the different departments;
- Manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and negative publicity for the company and its partners;
- Review and ensure quality is maintained in all communication activities, products and outputs to ensure they have an impact, remain aligned with the strategy, and represent value for money;
- Develop and distribute promotional materials including press releases, media advisories, opinion pieces, and official statements for traditional and new media outlets, and organise local press conferences, and introduce a system of monitoring and evaluating media coverage;
- Ensure continuous high-quality media coverage that influences key policy and corporate decision makers and raises broad awareness of the company’s work within Tanzania and internationally;
- Maintain and drive content development for the new website and social media platforms;
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure core messaging is consistent especially with the Monitoring and Evaluation department, to take up strategic and creative ways to communicate outcomes, results, and success stories;
- Support the preparation of a progress report on the company’s achievements and overview of opportunities; and
- Contribute to design material for both national and international media outlets to ensure the information shared about the company is accurate and consistent with stated priorities and perspectives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Master’s degree in Journalism, or Communication, or Media Studies with at least 8 years’ experience with proven success working with print, broadcast and digital media and experience working on public policy advocacy and communications on issues relevant to agriculture or development;
- Ability to review and edit reports (in English& Swahili) and other written documentation for dissemination and publication;
- Knowledge of international and national mass media, with existing media contacts.
- Understanding of brand management and excellent written and verbal communication skills English and Swahili is a must;
- Experienced writer for a variety of mediums, including brochures, blogs, newsletters, reports, websites, and social media;
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines, responsive to external requests. Strong team player;
- Ability to communicate clearly and present information and communication products for a range of different audiences;
- Well planned and organised, able and willing to take initiative and be proactive, to think critically and propose different ways of working;
- Experience with agribusiness, rural development communication campaigns or other development areas will be an added advantage;
- Ability to work in multi-national, multi-cultural teams and lead on developing strong working relationships with key external and internal stakeholders; and
- Photographic, graphic design and video skills will be an added advantage.
Dar es Salaam,