WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DLR
Reference Number: DVM
This is an urgent role and the candidate needs to be able to take up employment immediately / on very short notice
The main purpose of the project is to strengthen the Bank’s existing risk management framework including the RMPPs and enabling risk capability. The independent review and subsequent enhancement should ensure that the Bank’s risk management framework remains fit-for-purpose, re-affirms basic portfolio and operational assumptions, and supports the Bank’s growth aspirations in the medium to long-term horizon. The Bank has engaged one of the Big 4 Consultancy and Advisory firms to assist in undertaking this important project. The purpose of the Technical Lead Consultancy role is to support the Bank in successfully delivering the project’s objectives within the approved budget and timelines; and thereafter, implement the policies, procedures, and tools.
Providing technical support to the Director, Risk Management in the project for the review and enhancement of the Bank’s Risk Management Policies and Procedures (RMPPs); and thereafter install the revised RMPPs and attendant tools. The Jobholder will interface with the Advising Consultants to ensure that the project’s deliverables as set out in the engagement letter are fully and promptly met and thereafter, lead the change management process of successfully installing the revised RMPPs and attendant tools.
- Duration: 9 Months
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- Postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognised University or a professional qualification Risk Management; A professional qualification in risk management (FRM, PRM, CRA) will be an added advantage.
- Sound experience of at least 15 years in the Risk Management function with a leading organization (s) covering a minimum of 4 risk types including Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk, and Market Risk;
- Proven experience in implementing Enterprise Risk Management Framework(s) and deep practical knowledge of best practice in risk management. Previous experience as a Chief Risk Officer will be an added advantage;
- Project Management skills are an added advantage;
- A good appreciation and extensive experience in the workings of multilateral financial institutions, in particular with institutions similar to Afreximbank; trade finance, specialized finance, project finance will be an added advantage;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change-oriented setting and work with cross-functional team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; and knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals;
- Excellent change management and training skills; and hands-on, attention to detail; and willing to work long hours where required to achieve the project’s deliverables.
- Be conversant with Afreximbank’s long term risk appetite by careful reading of the Bank’s Charter and Strategic Plan.
- Contract role
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo