WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. GBB
Reference Number: GBB
A leading downstream and commercial fuels Oil and Gas company is currently looking for a new Corporate Accounting & Finance Head to be located in Dubai, UAE. The successful candidate will be expected to provide leadership and supervision for all corporate finance matters.
- Provide leadership and supervision for Corporate Finance matters
- Takes direct responsibility for the preparation of annual consolidated financial statements and ensures appropriate coordination across the Group A&F function in order to prepare timely the Consolidated financial statements in compliance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Lead and coordinate the contractual and operational relationship with statutory auditors at Corporate level. Work directly with external auditors at global, regional and country level.
- Provide technical assistance for all financial operations, including but not limited to merger and acquisitions, financial reporting and control, cash flow management, and general management.
- Supervise and schedule the year end closing process including the external services associated to external audit, specific technical reviews, and technical assistance to ensure the integrity of financial results as per LOHL legal environment and industry standards
- Supervise financial systems evolutions at corporate, regional and local levels.
- Propose Group financing structuring and evolutions in order to maximize long term shareholder’s value. Negotiate and structure financial details of the proposed structuring when appropriate.
- Lead financial dimensions of merger and acquisitions activities.
- Provide proactive and regular financial reporting and information to the CEO and assist management to understand the financial implications of business and back-office decisions
- Provide leadership and supervision for Corporate Accounting matters
- Develop accounting organizational strategies
- Monitor and challenge the delivery performance level of the Accounting services across the Group against internal and external benchmarks
- Establishes Corporate Accounting operational policies (e.g. chart of accounts, stock valuation, bad debt reserves, etc.) in compliance with IFRS
- Oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of the Corporate Accounting and administrative policies and procedures.
- Monitor and manage cross-border shared services A&F functions
- Provide leadership and supervision for Corporate Tax matters
- Oversee Corporate tax functions activities and Group Tax planning
- Coordinate activities with outside tax advisory firms for service delivery at corporate level
- Provide guidance to the affiliates during tax reviews to mitigate impacts and ensure that outcomes are at the best of the interest of the Group.
- Provide leadership and supervision for Corporate insurance matters (except HR related insurances handled directly by HR Department – includes notably health insurances, life insurances, … – and Aviation related insurances managed directly by Aviation Head)
- Ensure adequate monitoring of insurances contracts and insurance services providers across the Group
- Information Technology;
- Provide leadership and supervision for Corporate IT matters
- Oversee the IT infrastructure and applications strategy to ensure appropriate and robust IT solutions supporting the Group performance objectives.
- Engages with third parties to maintain an adequate level of awareness of the management team regarding the IT solutions and services market evolutions with a potential impact on overall performance objectives.
- Provide leadership and supervision for Corporate Procurement matters
- Set up and oversee the Corporate procurement function
- Establish the best route to procurement for categories or items considered significant or strategic
- Oversee the design and deployment of Corporate Procurement processes, procedures and policies
- 08 direct reports at Corporate level
- A&F Shared Services Centres (functional)
- Functional supervision of the Accounting & Finance Managers of all subsidiaries of the Group – no hierarchical relationship
- Financial figures:
- Oversee corporate expenses for a total over 2 MEUR yearly
- Oversee Group financing for a total over 500 MEUR
- Oversee FSSC projects budgets
- University Degree in Accounting & Finance, or in a related field. Certification from a recognized professional accounting association (ex: CPA, CA, CPA, CMA, etc.)
- English speaking (French and/or Arabic will be a plus)
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience of which five (5) years at senior managerial position (corporate level preferably), with an international organization in Accounting & Finance, and Treasury; including experience in overseeing Financial and Accounting systems, compliance reviews, audits, financial control and reporting, and risk management.
- Experience in service or retail sector
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to deal with complex situations
- Strong experience with IFRS and ERP systems
- Experience in raising financing and contributing to external growth strategy deployment
- Ability to manage processes, reporting, decision making, Accounting
- Strategic thinker
- Will be a serious plus if familiar with the dynamics of the Oil and gas sector, as well as emerging African business opportunities in retail
- Team work