WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. PAB
Our client in the financial services space is seeking a Finance Director to join their team. This is a unique and complex micro lending business with a family atmosphere. The business has a presence in several African countries, with different compliance and regulatory requirements, requiring an agile and innovative team. The ideal candidate for this role will be a professional, hard-working individual, who enjoys succeeding as a unit. They are comfortable operating at board and executive level, but will also roll up their sleeves and muck out to get the job done. No space for big egos here, but a strategic, capable, and energetic individual.
- Aligns financial and governance strategy to needs in the external market (inclusive of legislative changes).
- Contributes to the broader financial strategy across the company and group.
- Translates strategy into business plan
- Understand the economic drivers of the business and drives decision making to ensure the best economic value for all stakeholders.
- Accountable for preparation of audited annual financial statements
- Accountable for preparation of management accounts and financial reports and record keeping for the company and the group
- Managing a small but dedicated finance team;
- Providing leadership to the group finance manager and subsidiary FD’s;
- Having sound technical financial skills to guide the Group CEO and Treasury
- Light air travel required to manage subsidiary annual audits and to build relationships with subsidiary executives
- Need to be able to account for and report on a large consolidated balance sheet and individual subsidiaries.
Governance & Compliance
- Ensures compliance across all jurisdictions.
- Ensures best financial operating practices are in place.
- Ensures tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met.
- Responsible for internal and external audit liaison.
- Sets financial policies for the business
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification
- 7 – 10 years relevant Financial Services experience
- 5 – 8 years’ senior management experience