WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. THJ
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in the Group’s Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g.. Green Strategy).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to the Group.
- Ensure relevant; best practice analysis and reporting by providing ongoing guidance and coaching to the team.
- Meet deadlines and targets through prioritising effectively; planning and communicating.
- Maintain high standards of analysis and reporting within defined timeframes by planning; organising and monitoring workflow.
- Contribute to intellectual capital development by providing continuous motivation; mentoring; coaching and on the job skills training.
- Achieve business objectives within a specific timeframes by scheduling and coordinating activities and identifying appropriate resources to perform these activities.
- Manage defined risks in the finance function and risk categories at targeted levels by adhering to internal and external guidelines/policies/ procedures/business rules/ compliance and governance requirements.
- Provide meaningful recommendations; explanations and highlights of concerns or anomalies by analysing and interrogating financial information.
- Ensure accurate and timeous budgets are submitted and reviewed by ensuring that they align with key economic indicators and group strategic initiatives.
- Ensure accurate financial results by reviewing reconciliations and following up on unreconciled items.
- Compile Financial statements by complying with IFRS and relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Comply with relevant legislation by reviewing and submitting statutory returns timeously.
- Consolidate financial reports and make value added recommendations by using information from various sources. Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing the Group and Business Unit Plan and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned.
- Identify training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from management.
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe.
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses by highlighting benefits in support of the implementation of recommendations. Understand and meet stakeholders requirements through ongoing engagement.
- Assist in the achievement of group collaboration initiatives by identifying opportunities to create beneficial partnerships and synergies.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Must be a qualified CA (Non-negotiable)
- 3 – 5 years post article experience in a finance role within financial services.