General Manager (Logistics / Shipping / C&F / Freight / Reefers / Senior Management) – Mombasa, Kenya
Reference No. RSB
Reference Number: RSB
A Global Logistics company is looking to put in place a General Manager who will be responsible for the overall Business, Financial, Operational and Administrative management of the Company’s core activities.
- To lead and manage cross cultural and cross functional departmental teams within the company including those of the technical, operations, projects, QMS, HSSE,CFS ,stores, commercial and marketing, and the human resources.
- Cold-Chain services, Renting out of Cold Chain facilities, Reefers in East Africa
- Manage, lead and oversee all aspects of daily operations and all facets of business activities including those of maintaining compliance standards as per KRA license ISO 22000, cost effectiveness and time management of projects/ operations within budget.
- Overall administrative function of the company.
- Develop and execute business plan for maximizing assets utilization and develop and execute business expansion plans
- Establish relationships with existing and potential clients to position the Terminal’s and core business activities managed by the company as the preferred source at all time
- Review current C& F activities, procedures and come out with KPI
- Review current costs for each file and set up the revised budget to control costs Monitor Bond utilization, cancellation and custom compliance.
- Get International/ Multilateral agencies as clients
- Oversee and ensure all requirements concerning C&F, bond management are fully complied with in time bound manner.
- Monitors, oversees and controls revenue generating activities.
- Fully responsible for the balance sheet of the business
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum Education: M.Sc in International Logistics, Degree in Shipping & Trading and C&F with a strong management background Experience
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in senior management overall management of International Logistics Company handling diversified activities.
- Minimum 7-8 years’ experience as a profit Centre head.
- In-depth knowledge of all business functions of a company having similar line of business.
- Proven ability to work in a challenging , dynamic and stressful environment
- Experience working in Africa shall be an added advantage.