Group FP&A Manager (Planning / Analysis / Tire / Manufacturing / CA (SA) / CIMA / Finance / Automotive), Uitenhage, PE
WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. MIM
A leading multinational tire manufacturing company has an exciting opportunity which will be based in Uitenhage, Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Our client employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment and heavy earth-mover machinery.
As a key finance support for the local business team, Group FP&A Manager South Africa is responsible for leading the consolidation of financial estimates, providing financial analysis to the Group FD, coordinating the preparation of the annual operating plans (AOP) and monthly estimates across the local business functions, and driving timely and accurate reporting and analysis of actual performance versus plan.
Analyse actual financial results against the annual operating plan (AOP), monthly estimates and prior year to summarize and clearly communicate the financial and operating results (which include Volume/Price/Mix analysis, sales operations, manufacturing cost, other COGS, and SAG expenses) of the business unit in order to measure progress against Country business objectives.
Support other functional areas by providing financial studies and analysis related to pricing, cost, profitability and capital expenditure to enable the best business decisions. Provide recommendations through an analytical, fact-based approach.
Support the development of finance talent for the Country finance organization, including recruiting, career planning, and the utilization of a strong performance management process that aligns individual objectives with business metrics and connects performance against those objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate financial planning process, long term and short term, ensure the participation of all related parties, including manufacturing and head office.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and integrity of financial reporting both to regional and local management.
- Periodically interpret competitors' financial data, draw timely and sound conclusions based on the analysis, present to the management and define actions to be taken accordingly.
- Coordinate and perform necessary research for areas for improvement, redesign existing processes and/or develop new ones accordingly.
- Ensure the efficiency of the adjustment team, that the adjustments are done per corporate guidelines. Effective and efficient supervision of the Forecasting, Factory Accounting and Adjustment functions.
Education & Experience Required:
- University degree BA, Economics/ Accounting/ Business Management from a reputable institution, MBA would is desired.
- Minimum 4-6 years of progressively more responsible experience in accounting / analysis, with minimum 2 years in financial planning, ideally at a large, global, manufacturing company.
- Strong financial analysis background with the ability to prepare complex financial models.
- Technical and working experience with financial IT systems from a detailed to consolidation perspective, including the use of Excel and familiarity with SAP.
- Familiar with dealing in multiple-currencies.
- Knowledgeable of financial ratios, measurements and indices; basic statistical concepts and understanding/ interpretation of financial statements.
- Understanding of Local GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS accounting principles and taxes.
- Proficient in computer and PC applications; financial simulation and reporting software’s.
- Consulting skills, including the ability to draw on the ideas of key team members and convert them into meaningful strategies and plans.
- Change management experience, focused on getting teams “on board” with new processes and techniques.
- Effective communication skills at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to analyze, plan, prioritize, coordinate and follow up. Ability to build, develop, and manage world class teams.
- High level of accountability to drive results. Self-starter; work ethic; energetic.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Duration: Perm
- Salary: Neg.
- Location: Uitenhage, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
- Reporting to: Group Finance Director / EM FP&A Director
- Direct reports: Assistant Group FP&A Manager & Senior FP&A Analyst
- Types of Subordinates: 1 Manager / 1 Specialist
- Business unit: EMEA
- Job Level/Grade: E07
- Salary: R 758 717 to R 1 083 881