WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. LIPBLR10
Seeking to appoint a Group Operations Executive who will be responsible to manage all the group operations to optimize the sustainable profitability of the group. The client is a Southern African group with agricultural operations in the KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga and Western Cape provinces of South Africa, as well as in Swaziland, Zambia and Mozambique. The group specializes in the production of primary agricultural products including sugar cane, deciduous fruit and bananas.
- Manage Operations
- Provide leadership to GM’s
- Problem solving on estates
- Manage budget formulation and monitoring
- Participate in strategy formulation for operations
- Maintain relationships with estate stakeholders
- Strategic Initiatives
- Identify opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities
- Negotiate business transactions
- Implement new developments
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant undergraduate degree (Agribusiness Management, Agricultural Economics, B.Sc. Agriculture etc).
- A relevant post-graduate qualification (MBA etc.) would be an advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience in senior/executive multidisciplinary management positions.
- Seasoned managerial and leadership skills.
- Experience in decision making in a production environment.
- Proven track record in agriculture in a competitive context would be a bonus.