WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. THJ
New Initiative Development
- Direct the review of market & industry trends to develop business insights and evaluate the impact upon the Organisation’s current and future performance
- Keep track of key developments as well as best practices to continually identify new ideas, tools and trends that could provide opportunities
- Identify, screen and prioritize strategic initiatives to expand organizational business
- Isolate and focus on key risks and success drivers in prioritized opportunities
- Translate theory into practical guidance for issues encountered
- Perform regular competitive & industry intelligence analysis and communicate to Senior Management
- Co-develop new strategic initiatives with the technical/field team at all stages of the business
- Build compelling pitch, substantiated with high-level business plan and identify potential stakeholders
- Work with relevant internal teams to enhance knowledge and communication with key stakeholders by developing plans and programmes to keep them educated of the organization’s projects and accomplishments
- Work with Corporate Funding (Treasury) to organize investor conference calls, prepare high-quality conference call scripts, and drafting of relevant agenda and materials for each meeting
- Analyze the Corporation’s investor base (segment and profile investors) and develop customized communication plan for each group in coordination with relevant internal teams such as Treasury, Country Relations and Corporate Communications
- Oversee the efficient development, review and disclosure of relevant information, documentation, reports and all material addressed to current and potential equity investors.
- Co-Develop, propagate and implement new concepts and tools jointly with relevant stakeholders
- Develop a clear and effective Investor relations policy, procedures and plans
- Cultivate and maintain relationship with equity investors and core audiences
- Direct the preparation of the Annual general reports, Equity Investor presentations, Statement of disclosures etc.
- Develop a market strategy for developing new business ventures, products and strategic initiatives.
- Monitor market and macroeconomic developments, reports and key statistics and update financial models to reflect ongoing interim results of strategic new business initiatives
- Develop and engage high performing, agile work team; training, coaching, driving diversity and mentoring the team
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship across the organisation
- Develop younger tenured colleagues through mentoring and apprenticeship
- Ensure the right people fit on your team to deliver the organisation’s mandate
- Lead the development and update of standard documentation/ templates such as Memos; board reports etc. in conjunction with Investment and other business groups
- Support CEO as chairman of the Investment Committee process and contribute specialist knowledge in all phases of the Investment product development and management cycle.
- Observe external and internal trends/developments relevant to the organisation and apply knowledge of such trends/ developments appropriately.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. master’s degree in business administration, Finance, engineering or any related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years in an Investment Banking environment, with at least 5 in senior management roles focusing on new business development and investor relations roles
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong entrepreneurial and client-minded focus
- Relevant experience and understanding of infrastructure development issues, infrastructure finance, project development and private equity
- Working knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure development landscape across the African market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for motivating key stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills to manage prospective investors
- Knowledge of Africa’s cultural and political contexts