WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. RSB
Reference Number: RSB
A leading Financial services & Insurance provider in South Africa is currently seeking a qualified actuary for an exciting opportunity as Head of Customer Retention to b based in Cape Town
- This role builds and supports strategy implementation in the business by investigating key strategic retention opportunities and developing appropriate responses to harness them. On the one hand the Customer Retention Call Centre is responsible for delivering operational retention services on behalf of Mass Foundation Cluster, Personal Finance, Wealth, Corporate, Namibia and Insure.
- On the other, the strategy support team develops insight to improve retention through action in distribution channels, servicing processes and in product design.
- The incumbent will drive business case development for approval from the Capabilities Cluster, business units and EXCO and facilitates implementation.
- Establishes behavioural economics as a core competency in the company by leading a dedicated internal team and creating a successful delivery precedent whilst increasing awareness across the company.
- Key to the role will be providing thought leadership around industry best practice and transforming the current Retention Capability to the best of breed.
- Works across all BUs (Mass Foundation Cluster, Personal Finance, Wealth, and Corporate), as well as other entities
- Works with multiple departments to align efforts behind good customer retention practices
- Balances complex business trade-offs in product and process design
- Works across distribution channels to deliver improved retention
- Retention Strategy and Solutions Development:
- Formulates and drives the implementation of an active customer retention strategy.
- Assists BUs with thought leadership regarding retention
- Engages at both strategic and tactical level of the business contributing to the 3yr retention strategy.
- Interprets financial impact of persistency, NCCF and retention to inform strategy
- Leads team to deliver new solutions that improve persistency and retention
- Delivers and manages multiple projects as well as daily operational issues
- Business retention monitoring:
- Creates and monitors retention levers to ensure that processes are working as designed
- Consults with business to ensure all processes support retention
- Manages the Customer Retention call centre and executes the vision for the operation insuring the Call Centre meets customer and organization needs
- Management and Team Effectiveness:
- Accountable for results through efforts of other managers over periods of 1 – 2 years.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Drives operational excellence through area of supervision.
- Defines and implements best operating practice.
- Holds first line managers accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and talent management.
- Develops MOs and specialists under supervision.
- Selects potential MOs to sustain pipeline.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Communicates, consults and debates to ensure that the relevant stakeholders understand the impact their processes have on client retention
- Negotiates and agrees scorecard with client BU’s
- Enterprise Innovation:
- Establishes an environment that supports the creation of innovative solutions
- Challenges the status quo in dealing with work problems and opportunities
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Qualified Actuary, minimum 8 years actuarial experience, of which minimum 5 years post qualification.
- Experience in managing a large team
- Previous management and sponsorship of strategic type projects essential
- Experience in managing business risk essential
- Excellent Client Relationship Management