WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DVM
Reference Number: DVM
To manage and direct the activities of the internal audit Function in the Bank to ensure delivery of value added assurance and advisory services to Board and Management in the areas of risk management, control & governance to ensure the achievement of the overall strategic objectives of the Bank.
- Certify statutory returns to Bank of Uganda so as to ensure accuracy and avoid penalties to the Bank.
- Establish an integrated risk management framework for all aspects of risk across the Bank here by minimizing losses.
- Develop risk management policies including the quantification of management’s risk appetite through specific risk limits ultimately minimizing losses.
- Coordinate the investigation of fraud within the organizationand creation of staff awareness to risk management so as to minimize the operational and fraud risks and the associated financial losses.
- To ensure that the Value Add of the services being rendered by Internal Audit to the organization are rated satisfactory by all the major internal stakeholders.
- Build a strong controls culture through bank-wide control awareness workshops in order to enhance bank-wide control awareness
- Ensure quick responsiveness to special and ad-hoc requests in order to enhance Customer Value Addition.
- Develop policies and procedures for the audit Function so as to provide guidance & governance framework of audit activities within the Bank.
- Develop and update comprehensive/annual audit plans to ensure risk focused and value added audits are carried out.
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance Improvement Programs to ensure audit services continue to offer value added services to the board and management.
- Make recommendations and advice to board and management for improving management controls and risk management to ensure achievement of strategic business objectives.
- Anchor the continuous review of policies and process manuals to ensure that control measures effectively reflect the bank’s approval and set standards.
- Significantly improve the control process and environment influenced by the extent to which individuals recognize that they will be held accountable for their actions/inactions and failures.
- Meet with management at all levels and the Audit Committee of the Board, as necessary to discuss audit plans & results and make recommendations to resolve audit findings requiring corrective action.
- Liaise with the Head of HR function to assist in developing and managing an effective Inspection and Audit function that has motivated and well-trained staff for the effective performance of the audit team at the Bank.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A first degree in business related discipline with a minimum of a second class lower.
- A Full professional certification in accountancy, risk and auditing (ACCA, CPA, ACA, CISA, CRP etc ….)
- A minimum of 10 years cognate experience including 5 years supervisory experience.
- Ugandan national
- Experience in auditing commercial banking entities.
- Analytical and Investigation Skills
- Auditing and Accounting Skills
- Comprehensive Banking Operations (Domestic and Foreign) knowledge
- A comprehensive knowledge of Treasury function.
- Comprehensive Capital Market Operations Knowledge
- General multi Corporate Finance and Financial Strategy Knowledge
- The ability to achieve an appropriate balance between the independence of the internal auditor’s role with the need to work collaboratively with management for the betterment of the organization.
- Fraud and Operational risk knowledge.
- Keep abreast with current changes in the banking industry. While doing technical audits reference from various source materials such as: BOU Prudential guidelines, IIA, internal audit manuals