Head of Learning & Development (Microfinance / Human Resources / Training / Assessments) – SA, Kenya, Botswana
Reference No. THJ
Our client, a leading financial services institution is seeking a Head of Learning & Development to join their team.
- To develop, align the L&D strategy to the business strategy and implement the execution plans across the Group.
- Review and implement end to end L&D processes to ensure best in class and eliminate waste and duplication of efforts.
- Realise efficiencies and modernisation, of the various learning interventions, including among others digitisation and automation of the processes.
- On a continuous basis evaluate the effectiveness of training and development.
- Ensure the country has adequate budget to support training and development and in creating a learning organization.
- Ensure all employees have in place Personal Development Plans (PDPs) and they are followed through.
- Ensure that the country has adequate talent pool to run the business now and in the future.
- To ensure that the budget is in place to support talent management process that include talent identification, succession plans, career guides, cross border moves and plans for bridging the talent gaps.
- Implement a performance management system that aligns individual KPAs to the country KPAs and KPIs.
- Ensure that line have managers have the desired competencies to drive performance management.
- Developing and managing the L&D reporting suite to avail timeous information to the Group
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- University Graduate from a recognized and well established University.
- A minimum of 10 years management experience in Human Resources with emphasis on L&D.
- Experience of management development and skills training;
- Experience of conducting training needs assessments and delivering a variety of training solutions with emphasis on automated solutions;
- Advanced analytical skills, with an ability to research and synthesize HR information and broad ranges of Group Strategies
- Deep understanding of the role of Human Capital in delivering business goals and objectives
- Proven team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build relationships with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent leadership and Organizational skills.
- Highly computer literate in excel, word power point etc.
- Ability to support the country team in raising staff engagement.