Reference No. DAG
Our client, a leading financial services institution is seeking an Head of Product (Actuarial) to join their team in Cape Town.
- Establishing a clear vision and long term guaranteed investment solution strategy for the company across the various retail and corporate markets.
- Providing strategic input and product development support to business units in the Group
- Ensuring that the company’s range of guaranteed investment solutions remain optimally positioned to succeed in the changing regulatory and competitive environment.
- Developing innovative new guaranteed investment solutions that meet the identified needs of the different market segments.
- Effective engagement with various other support functions including Operations, Mandate and Finance to ensure optimal business outcomes across functions.
- Ongoing product management, marketing and enhancement of existing guaranteed solutions.
- Ensuring that the company’s guaranteed investment solutions are appropriately priced in order to meet their commercial objectives, and that appropriate pricing processes and governance are in place.
- Supporting the delivery of appropriate advice models and processes, where appropriate.
- Providing ongoing support to retail and corporate distribution channels, including assisting distribution channels with managing existing client relationships.
- Building a high performance team culture.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Qualified actuary with a minimum of 8 years’ experience.
- An inspirational leader that enables a high performance team culture with empowered and motivated staff that are aligned behind a common vision.
- An excellent strategic thinker with an ability to deliver winning product strategies in an increasingly complex environment.
- The ability and desire to work across the full value chain in order to deliver outstanding and innovative end-to-end customer propositions.
- Commercial and business acumen.
- The ability to successfully manage and deliver multiple project initiatives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build constructive relationships with key stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Past experience of guaranteed investment products, including capital markets and guarantee pricing will be strongly preferred.
- A good understanding of adjacent investment, savings and annuity products will be beneficial.