WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DVM-GB
Reference Number: DVM-GB
A leading pan – African, Commercial bank is seeking an Independent Non–Executive Director to be based on the board of their Gabonese Subsidiary. This individual will be appointed to act on behalf of the shareholders in the overall interest of the Group and will be responsible for providing overall guidance and policy direction to the Groups’ Management.
- Will be responsible for acting on behalf of the shareholders in the overall interest of the Group and shall be accountable to shareholders.
- Will be expected to exercise their business judgment to act in what is reasonably believed to be in the best interest of the shareholders, and to conduct themselves in their duties of care and loyalty.
- Provide overall guidance and policy direction to the Groups’ management in;
- Strategic direction
- Policy formulation
- Decision making: The Board acts as the ultimate decision-making body of the Group on behalf of shareholders
- Oversight: The Board, on behalf of shareholders, is responsible for overseeing the management of the business and affairs of the Group and other oversight functions as may be determined by the Board from time to time
- Performance: Independent Non-Executive Directors should scrutinize the performance of management in meeting agreed goals and objectives and monitor the reporting of performance.
- Risk: Independent Non-Executive Directors should satisfy themselves on the integrity of financial information and that financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and defensible.
- People: Independent Non-Executive Directors are responsible for determining appropriate levels of remuneration of executive directors, and have a prime role in appointing, and where necessary removing, executive directors and in succession planning.
- In order to fulfil their role, Independent Non-Executive Directors will meet from time to time as a group.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum academic qualification of an Undergraduate degree in a relevant field, a Post – graduate degree would be desirable.
- Extensive Financial Industry experience & Networks within the relevant market.
- Previous Board experience (as non-executive / independent non-executive director) is essential.
- At least 10 years executive / C-level work experience.
- No political exposure or exposure to criminal activities.
- Experience with Stakeholder engagement.
- Local nationals will be preferred.
- As this role is within the Banking industry, individuals currently working for a Bank (in either permanent or non-exec role) cannot be considered due to conflict of interest.
- Individuals may not have any affiliations or conflicts of interest with the institution.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Members of the Board are required to disclose their known interests that may conflict with their Board interests at the commencement of every financial year and at any time thereafter that such an interest arises. In the event that Board members have interests that may conflict with specific Board interests, the Board Members should disclose and or declare their interest and they will be excused from the relevant Board or Board Committee deliberations and decisions.