WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. RSB
Reference Number: RSB
A well – known Development Finance institution specializing in Financing & Supporting Small and Growing business throughout Africa & the Middle East, are currently looking for an Investment Manager to be based at their Senegalese office.
This individual will be responsible for creating a sustainable impact through serving entrepreneurs in the SME sector with risk capital and business support, helping them to realise their full business potential and achieve long- term success. The investment manager delivers tangible value to the SME clients and by doing so, achieves financial and impact returns on his/her transactions. A secondary purpose is to develop and share within the company network knowledge and expertise in SME investment and support, including lessons learnt.
- Deal Origination
- Identify, develop and maintain deal referral networks.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of such networks.
- Record all applications on Efront.
- Transaction development
- Identify prospect needs and effectively sell company value offering to fulfil these needs.
- Screen applications efficiently, applying the company Viability Model and the investment strategy and policy framework.
- Analyse and thoroughly verify and cross reference key assumptions underpinning the business plan.
- Build the financial model and conduct a proper risk assessment.
- Maintain verification records in line with company document management system.
- Structure viable transactions in line with the company investment and pricing policy and product parameters.
- Draft high quality focused and concise screening and finance reports that allow for efficient decision making within agreed time frames.
- Portfolio management
- Conduct a quarterly, formal portfolio visit and record the results on efront.
- Follow up on all repayments due and make suitable arrangements to address potential arrears.
- Restructure transactions that are viable and hand over those that are no longer viable.
- Manage collateral and insurance policies on a quarterly basis and record results on Efront.
- Collect and record impact data and ensure data integrity, in line with company impact data strategy and policy.
- Small and Growing businesses sustainability & Growth
- Support the client in developing and implementing a robust business plan, financial plan and risk assessment and mitigation plan.
- Introduce ESG best practices and formalize business where appropriate and Support implementation of a financial management system that produces monthly management accounts.
- Meet each client monthly and track performance of portfolio companies against the business financial plan.
- Identify any negative trends and deviations from the client’s operational and financial plan.
- Facilitate business linkages.
- Provide access to markets and business opportunities.
- Maintain a network of SME service providers.
- Keep abreast of all government legislations and regulatory requirements which may affect the operations of the portfolio companies.
- Leverage company’s expertise effectively for clients benefit.
- Investment Expertise & knowledge
- Share success, knowledge and experience among the team and the wider network.
- Actively contribute to the team and collaborate within and across teams.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 5+ years relevant experience as an Investment manager & a demonstrated track record in investing or financing SMEs.
- Advanced relevant degree required (An MBA is preferred, as well as CFA or ACCA).
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent credit management skills.
- Excellent deal origination skills and a well-developed network with the local SME business and finance community.
- Written and spoken language fluency in English & French is essential.
- Senegalese locals preferred.