WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. LEEJPM
The Junior Portfolio Manager will be needed to ensure quality investment advice is provided, research is successfully generated and ideas developed for client portfolios that ensures sustainable annuity income and income growth for the company.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate
- Participate in the Regional Investment Strategy Committee meeting
- Apply decisions from national strategy committee to individual client portfolios where applicable by transacting on them
- Ongoing review of client portfolios through checking against performance, benchmark and client requirements.
- Provide considered changes to client portfolios within the framework of a client’s needs and objectives through transacting in financial instruments
- Support the achievement of the business strategy; objectives and values by reviewing Business Unit Plans and ensuring delivered systems; process; services and solutions are aligned
- Ensure all personal development plan activities are completed within specified timeframe
- Share knowledge and industry trends with team and stakeholders during formal and informal interaction
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes (e.g. operational processes) that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses
- Support the client relationship manager/ wealth manager by presenting to clients on the status of their portfolio
- Resolve investment issues raised by the client by examining their concerns and reporting back.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) essential
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Advantageous qualifications – Chartered Accountant CA(SA), Chartered Financial Advisor (CFA), Honours degree in Finance