WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. GB
Our client seeks a trade tested Millwright to join their fertilizer division in Sasolburg.
Our client’s Agriculture division, is the market leader in Southern Africa. The division produces granular, liquid and speciality fertilizers for a broad customer base of farmers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of Bagging lines plant equipment.
- Ensure safe operations at all time, and manage risks and hazards while attending to stoppages.
- Repair and maintain machines as per acceptable standards.
- Continuous improvement in terms of reliability and safety of machines.
- Assist on running the shift to ensure that the machines are running efficiently with minimum or no unplanned engineering stoppages.
- Do scheduled or planned work as required.
- Identification of machine problems and repairs.
- Minor projects execution.
- Maintain a high standard of discipline and adherence to company procedures, and required safety standards.
- Perform other tasks as specified by the Superintendent and/or Shift Supervisor.
- Perform daily inspections on all sections of plants under your control, assess the condition thereof and effect necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Repair equipment as identified through improvement projects, tags, etc.
- Daily reporting of problems that happened on shift and filling in of required paperwork.
- Identify improvements in the process that could be made by modifying or replacement of plant and to bring such information to the attention of management.
- Collaboration and teamwork with site maintenance department.
- All such duties and/or activities assigned by management as and when required.
Education & Experience Required:
- N6 qualification and Millwright Trade Test (preferably Red Seal) is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a process plant.
- Experience with FFS (Form, Fill and Seal) machine as well as process control knowledge and skill will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work shifts and perform stand by duties.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must have fault finding experience.
- Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatics and Utilities experience.
- Able to undertake responsibility for area operations.
- Good knowledge of OHS Act.
- MS Office.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Display initiative and be a team player.
- Computer literate
Benefits and Contractual information:
Location: Sasolburg, Free State