WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DVM
Reference Number: DVM
The Client is a public-private partnership with three overarching objectives:
1) Enhance Tanzania’s food security and accelerate agricultural transformation and green growth
2) Safeguard that this happens in a sustainable and responsible manner
3) Improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and their communities.
The partners include government, global business, the Tanzanian private sector, farmers, foundations and donor institutions.
- Assist the Head of Department in partnership development, management and coordination;
- Assist the Head of Department in investor facilitation across the Centre’s portfolio;
- Provide technical leadership and oversight to the Partnership Unit;
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to the Partnership Unit and relevant partners;
- Respond to specific partner needs and inquires as they may arise;
- Oversee all partner coordination within the Unit and ensure an effective and efficient programme management and implementation;
- Take the lead in a broad spectrum of activities, including strategic and periodic planning & reporting, overall programme execution and evaluation, technical leadership and facilitation of current knowledge sharing; and
- Facilitate partnership portfolio growth as per the SCL strategic plans and ensure SCL partners mix is capable of
contributing to the delivery of the SCL objectives: food security and nutrition, inclusivity and sustainable
investments and growth.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s degree required – in Business Administration, Economics, International Development, Agribusiness, Agriculture, Finance, Innovation and Entrepreneurship or a related field from an accredited university with an excellent academic record;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- A track record of working in developing innovative solutions/partnerships and initiatives;
- Prior experience in partnerships building and management required especially in the private sector;
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience with at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in partnership management and at least three (3) years in a managerial position; and
- Good knowledge of working with private partners and their good customer care would be an advantage.
- Strong personal communication skills – capacity to listen, analyse, synthesize, present and explain – and ability to build trust with a wide range of local stakeholders including farmers, the private sector, NGO, Donors, Government ministries and LGAs officials;
- Strong leadership, coordination, networking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence outcomes;
- Strong interpersonal skills, which encourages and promotes enthusiasm and team spirit;
- Ability to work independently under pressure and with minimum supervision in a highly dynamic environment and keen to learn new concepts;
- Flexibility and a pro-active attitude to get things done efficiently;
- Good planning and report writing skills;
- High ethical standards; and
- A passion for in-depth knowledge of agriculture and agribusiness development, typically evident in a strong interest and prior exposure to agribusiness sector including public-private investments facilitation;
- Ability to quickly grasp sector fundamentals and to draw on specialist knowledge to gain the trust and confidence of partners and industry stakeholders
Dar es Salaam,