WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. RSB
Reference Number: RSB
A leading Financial services & insurance provider currently have a very exciting and challenging opportunity as a Product Development Actuary to assist in growing the Retail Investment team in Product solutions. This individual will be based in Cape Town.
- The Retail Investment team in Product Solutions is responsible for the design, development, marketing and maintenance of new and existing product propositions across the lower, middle- and high-income markets.
- We are passionate about developing simple, yet innovative investment propositions that are relevant to our customers’ needs. We take pride in delivering on our promises, which ultimately enable our customers to achieve their financial dreams and goals.
- Drive the development of Retail Investment solutions, which involves;
- Understanding the changing regulatory environment, customer needs and market dynamics, and designing innovative and relevant solutions to establish a competitive advantage in the market.
- Working closely with our business unit partners (customer segments, distribution channels, IT, Servicing, Finance, Marketing etc) to ensure a common understanding of the investment requirements.
- Performing and overseeing technical actuarial functions such as pricing, profit testing and capital modelling.
- Articulating product requirements to our IT partners and ensuring the accuracy of the resulting output.
- Driving the product sign off process with all affected stakeholders, including key executives.
- Supporting our Proposition Management and Technical Marketing functions in the roll-out and ongoing maintenance and support of the new Retail Investment propositions.
- Managing and mentoring a team of high-performing professionals.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Qualified Actuary
- At least 8 years’ experience
- Looking for someone who has a passion for investments & technology, and is Solution-driven, passionate, energetic and innovative.
- Business acumen and negotiation skills are essential
- An understanding of Savings & Income products, and the investment industry, as well as, prior experience working in Product development and / or Pricing would be advantageous.