WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. DVM
Reference Number: DVM
The client is a leading specialist risk financier for small and medium enterprises, is offering an exciting career opportunity for a Regional Investment Manager whose focus area will be to ensure overall management and success of the Southern Africa region. The ideal candidate will be passionate about funding, supporting and mentoring entrepreneurs.
- Implementing operational aspects of the business strategy into the selected Southern African countries.
- Managing the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Southern African investment team
- Leading, developing and training investment teams in the relevant Southern African countries
- Participating in the governance of the company and its investment decision making bodies.
- General oversight of the Southern African region and which shall include extensive travel to the region.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The candidate will be hands-on in reviewing deals and advising in-country teams – thus we need someone that is willing to ‘get their hands dirty’ and work closely with the teams on the ground.
- A BCom degree with at least Accounting II
- A Bcom Honours degree
- Experience in setting budgets, and driving teams to achieve them
- Acting as a mentor and providing guidance to the investment team (this must be important to you)
- 7 years’ experience conducting SME focused work at a credit management and senior investment level
- 3 years Rest of Africa experience is advantageous
- A South African citizen or a South African permanent residency / work permit
- S/he will be results focused, with a concern for client service and excellent communication skills
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Leading and Supervising
- Relating and Networking with People
- Persuading and Influencing
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- This position entails a substantial amount of travel within the Southern Africa Region.