Reporting Actuarial Specialist– (Financial Services / Life Insurance / Risk / Actuarial) – Cape Town, South Africa
Reference No. THJ
Our client, a leading financial services institution is seeking a Reporting Actuarial Specialist to join their team.
Financial and monthly reporting
- Review the actuarial content of the regulatory returns, including SAM QRT’s and current long-term insurance returns.
- Perform an analysis of change
- Consolidating technical provisions on a quarterly basis and explaining results to the Office of the Chief Actuary.
- Oversee the consolidation of the life business unit's actuarial results on an IFRS basis.
- Draft the commentary on the drivers of consolidated life profits for the Group Planning & Business Insights team.
- Draft Board and Committee papers explaining the analysis of life profits on an IFRS basis.
- Coordinate and draft the Board and Committee papers explaining the impact of methodology and assumption changes on actuarial financial results.
- Understand the drivers, risks and management actions implicit in the business plan, with a particular emphasis on IFRS life profits.
- Draft the commentary on the consolidated IFRS life profit of the business units.
Thought leadership for actuarial reporting
- Interact with experts in business units and own team to ensure accuracy of actuarial results.
- Interpret and implement changes in SAM Prudential Standards and related guidance, pertaining to life technical provisions.
- Assist with the transformation of embedded value reporting under SAM.
- Represent the company on certain FSB SAM Task Groups.
- Represent the company on certain ASSA Sub-Committees.
- Support the development of the IAIS Insurance Capital Standard as it relates to actuarial liabilities.
- Continuous improvement of existing processes.
- Assist with ad hoc regulatory requests and Managed Separation project work relating to IFRS and SAM reporting.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Completed at least 11 actuarial exams and have 4 years’ actuarial experience, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Valuations experience,
- A strong business acumen
- An individual who has strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organisation are invited to apply for this role.
- Highly motivated and energetic self-starter who is good at working with complex tasks under tight deadlines.