Senior Actuarial Specialist (Financial Services / Insurance / Risk / Actuarial) – Cape Town, South Africa
Reference No. THJ
Our client, a leading financial services institution is seeking a Senior Actuarial Specialist to join their team.
Risk and Capital Reporting pertaining to Credit Risk
- Liaise with input providers from various entities within the Group, including asset management and banking businesses.
- Check the quality and reasonability of credit risk input data received.
- Consolidate the Group’s credit risk results as input into the internal capital model.
- Calculate the credit risk components of the Company and Group SCR for SAM and Solvency II.
- Consolidate the Company’s banking regulatory capital requirements.
- Summarise the Company’s credit risk results in the agreed formats and assist with drafting the Board and Committee papers pertaining to credit risk.
- Provide credit risk information
- Maintain the process diagrams and documentation underlying the company’s credit risk calculations
- Provide credit risk information as required by rating agencies and regulators from time to time.
Stress and Scenario Testing
- Provide input to determine the appropriate parameters for stress and scenario testing for both institutional and retail credit risk.
- Liaise with the Groups credit risk entities to conduct stress and scenario testing and review the results for reasonability.
- Enhance the regulatory (SAM) stress and scenario testing methodology and model where appropriate.
- Understand the drivers, risks and management actions implicit in the credit risk business plan, with a particular emphasis on producing capital and risk exposure projections.
Thought leadership for Credit Risk Modelling
- Work with the line 1 & line 2 credit risk specialists to align the methodology, models and processes for calculating regulatory and internal capital requirements and risk exposures.
- Improve and automate existing credit risk reporting processes with the aim of improving overall efficiency.
- Assist with ad hoc regulatory requests and Managed Separation project work relating to credit risk.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Completed at least 11 actuarial exams or have a similar financial qualification
- 4 years’ actuarial or similar experience
- Credit risk or BASEL III experience
- Strong business acumen
- An individual who has strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organisation
- A highly motivated and energetic self-starter who is good at working with complex tasks under tight deadlines.