WebsiteCA Finance Africa Recruitment
Reference No. LEEBID
A Senior BI Developer is pivotal for designing, developing and maintaining business intelligence solutions. The successful candidate will be required to further develop Data Warehouse and reporting solutions for a leading retail/e-commerce client of ours.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current product environment
- Providing support to the BI team on maintaining the product environment to ensure that timely on-going current information is provided to the business
- Effective collecting and sourcing of information and then correctly transforming and auditing this information
- Accurately publishing the information
- Problem-solving abilities to ensure current production issues are appropriately handled and that information is delivered according to user expectation.
- Continuously identifying and improving processes & procedures to minimize negative impact to data and business reporting
- Monitoring of the environment to proactively engage in preventative activities and to maintain an environment that is easy to understand and troubleshoot.
- Provide support services to users on data and information to satisfy user needs
- Sound understanding on business data and information requirements
- Delivering data and information to the business in line with business requirements, according to quality standards, within the agreed time constraints and according to departmental coding practice and standards.
- Being involved in the process populating of new data within the data warehouse.
- Taking over information delivery tasks from other areas of the business.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- IT Degree or BSc or any relevant tertiary qualification in Business Analysis
- 4-5 years’ DTS experience and practical experience with new SSIS
- Expert knowledge in SQL – writing stored procedures and general scripting
- Experience building and maintaining OLAP cubes in Analysis Services 2005 and 2008
- Experience developing reports and report services 2005
- Experience in database design
- QlikView experience, test methodologies, data warehouse skills and retail experience preferred.