Senior Underwriter / Souscripteur Senior Dommages (French & English / Property / Casualty / Risk) – Morocco
Reference No. THJ
Reference Number: THJ
Our client, a leading Financial Services Group, are seeking a French speaking Senior Underwriter
- Define and guarantee the implementation of the underwriting policy in the field of construction, damage and technical risks.
- Ensure compliance of the property and casualty risks portfolio with the Groups’ underwriting rules and local regulations.
- Set up the Groups’ underwriting standards and maintain an engagement matrix that is in line with the underwriting appetite, defined jointly by the Corporate Risk Department and the General Management.
- Ensure an adequate level of delegation of subscription power to subsidiaries.
- Assist subsidiaries, technically and commercially, in order to (i) ensure the overall development and profitability objectives of the construction, damage and technical risks portfolio, and (ii) improve the quality of supply and responsiveness / proactivity.
- Work in the deployment of adapted products and in the implementation of innovative solutions, in partnership with subsidiaries 'and / or brokers' branches and technical departments and in collaboration with the various partners (reinsurers, insurers, etc.).
- Track the profitability of the portfolio by combining the vision of products and customers,
- Ensure follow-up of the actions undertaken as well as regular reporting to the Business Risk Manager,
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelors in Engineering, Commerce, Insurance or equivalent.
- Min 7 years’ experience gained in insurance company or brokerage firm, with solid experience in the management and underwriting of construction, damage and technical risks.
- Excellent communication skills in French and English
- Position based in Morocco in residential status
- Regular international travel