Reference No. 039 0911 OT
Reference Number: 039 0911 OT
Our client, a mining group, is seeking a ESG Manager, reporting to SHERQ Executive, who is responsible for developing and overseeing environmental, social and corporate governance policies and procedures, as well as reviewing and appraising the operations of the company to be socially and environmentally sustainable and comply with all regulatory/required safeguarding policies and internationally recognised best practices.
- Implement ESG policy, set ESG KPIs, and initiate projects to achieve KPIs and targets set.
- Collate data and Report on Company ESG performance.
- Assist in the management and auditing of the SHEQ (ISO 45001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified systems
- Work cross-functionally within the business e.g., production, commercial, finance, SHE, and technical, branches to facilitate a meeting of ESG KPIs
- Work towards developing projects and or initiatives to meet ESG KPIs e.g. Carbon Footprint Reduction, recycling of waste, and improving energy management/performance
- Conduct research and implement best practices to advance the ESG ideals of the company.
- Advise on legislation applicable to corporate social responsibility and those falling under the scope of ESG and make recommendations toward compliance.
- Create guidelines, checklists, policies, procedures, and other related program content, to align with best practices and frameworks, and enable clients to carry out and enhance programs.
- Draft narrative content for sustainability reports, trends reports, and other communications
- Lead or provide advisory support in professional design and layout of reports and communications.
- Lead or support qualitative landscape/benchmarking studies on corporate sustainability programs, goals, disclosures, performance, and rankings among companies, with corresponding data collection and analysis for client sustainability reporting, industry research, and data management needs.
- Support collaborative initiatives throughout the business, including technical advisory, and coordinating functions and engagement for meetings, calls, workshops, training, presentations, and events to advance ESG KPI achievement as well as refining ESG KPIs
- Create, update, and utilize project plans, reporting critical paths, tracking templates and data platforms for both processes and performance data for the business, which incorporate the streamlining of various KPI reporting.
- Provide technical expertise on critical issues related to environmental and social impact assessment and on sustainability risks in the design, preparation, implementation and supervision of Company’s operations taking into consideration best industry practices and standards.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures necessary for the role.
- Identify and assess hazards and establish control systems that focus on prevention ∙
- Manage and conduct environmental and social safeguarding due diligence for the company.
- Identify all critical potential social and environmental impacts and risks of transactions and ensure that their magnitude and significance are well understood by the Management.
- Ensure that the Company understands the applicable ESG policies, guidelines and project-specific requirements, and has the necessary commitment and capacity to manage social and environmental impacts and/or risks adequately and supported by mechanisms that facilitate implementation.
- Report on and disseminate good practices and generated knowledge.
- Oversee Data Protection of the Company and ensure necessary compliance.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or relevant qualification.
- Certificates in auditing, Corporate Social Responsibility, ESG, and business administration
- Experience in ESG policy formulation, KPI setting and initiating projects to achieve KPIs set.
- Experience in Open Pit Mining Operations preferred
- Background in Environmental Science with at least 5 years working within an ESG role or similar.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 31000 and ISO 50001
- Good communication skills, written and verbal (English)
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Perform well under pressure and be flexible in working hours.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Olivia Trollope at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.