Reference No. JA-001-HCBP
Our client a leading financial services provider is currently seeking a Head of Core Banking Program, to be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and will be reporting to the Group Chief Operating Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of the client’s strategic imperative to select and deploy a new Group Core Banking System. The responsibility includes managing the complete breadth of the entire program; deliverables/KPIS, risks, stakeholders, and relationship management as well as program director’s related duties associated with the program.
- Responsible for the overall planning, design, development and delivery of the Core Banking Replacement Program within approved scope, resources and constraints. This is done in close consultation with the respective accountable executive, program board/steering committee to meet required Project Deliverables.
- Monitor all streams for clear goals, objectives and timelines, with measurable milestones consistent with the expectation of the strategic imperative.
- Monitor and report on program performance to the Project Board and Steering Committee on a monthly basis. Board of Directors reports and monthly Strategic Office reports are accurate and reports issued on a timely basis.
- Monitor and report program performance to joint vendor/solution partners Steering Committee and Executive forums as per program guidelines.
- Oversee program streams to ensure that such are implementing the following project processes such as time, cost, quality, change, risk, issue, procurement, communication and acceptance management.
- Preparation of the Business Unit budget and the accuracy of such as well as monitoring pre-set budget of the program to ensure compliance.
- Oversee, participate and facilitate enterprise project/program/portfolio management decision-making based on corporate strategy as well as to ensure project technical objectives are aligned with functional requirements.
- Keep abreast of country and industry requirements that may impact program deliverables
- Authorization of all project expenditure as delegated through the Chief Operating Officer and EXCO.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 15+ years of financial services experience or commercial banking operations or a strong understanding of this sector
- 5+ years of experience in the management of Business (Client) and Vendor Relationship Management Teams
- Strong ability to communicate with Business and IT managers to understand requirements, expectations and value measures
- Highly competent in business and financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, creatively and laterally and to turn these ideas into effective solutions
- Ability to demonstrate business benefits for proposed initiatives
- Experience in personnel management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning
- Proven experience in change management
- Qualification: Relevant Vendor Management accreditation (A Bonus)
- Extensive experience in project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Sound knowledge in formal Project Management principles.
- Intermediate Technical Skills in Policies & Procedures
- Intermediate Technical Skills in People Management Processes
- Advanced Technical Skills in Numeracy/Financial
- Intermediate Technical Skills in Negotiation
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, MS Project and MS Visio.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Finance (Banking and Finance)
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.