Reference No. 288 02 RR
Reference Number: 288 02 RR
Our client is seeking a Mine Manager who will be responsible for the overall management of the mining and sorting plant projects. The incumbent will assist in staffing, outlining project plans, setting project goals/deadlines, and evaluating performance. Furthermore, they will ensure the safety and health of mine workers.
- Put together a mine plan and execute the authorised plan.
- Running both the mine and sorting plant, and potentially setting up a new mine all-together.
- Determine, implement and monitor production strategies, activities, plans, reports and schedules.
- Identify potential business risks and ensure processes are established to manage these appropriately.
- Direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to mining standards, organisational standards and legislative requirements.
- Interacting with the Geologists.
- Interaction and negotiations with suppliers.
- Monthly budget reporting.
- Manage and ensure proper people development in the department.
- Both green- and brownfield projects will be in the pipeline. Initially however it will be mostly brownfield projects.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to the Company's Safety, Health and Environmental management programs and objectives.
- Report structure: directly to the Managing Director.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diamond Mining experience essential.
- Broad technical knowledge of underground mining operations and processes.
- Solid understanding of Processing and Recovery Plants.
- Knowledge and experience of DMS, Bourevestnik, FlowSort
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Mine planning and analysis.
- Financial and project management.
- Extensive experience and understanding of mining in Africa
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO rotation to be discussed
- USD Net package
- Traveling will be mostly to the DRC and Angola.
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.