Reference No. 236 08 RR
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking a Procurement Manager – Service, who will develop and implement procurement strategy for the services category. This includes acquiring resources within budget and facilitating communication between the Group and its service providers in managing in order to deliver services according to planned and unplanned requirements. The ideal incumbent will be expected to minimize shortages and keep cost down by contracting to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, and safety
- Manage all procurement-related activities of third party spend within the Services category, including strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Identify, implement and maintain the relevant service contracts (ad hoc and committed spend) to support the business.
- Achieve targeted cost savings, including effective negotiation processes with vendors
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the respective supply markets, competitors and product/service innovations.
- Facilitate implementation of procurement change initiatives within the service category to improve business performance.
- Manage all aspects of the vendor rationalization strategy within the service category to support the business nationally, including vendor selection, compliance and performance.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers with a view to enhancing the customer experience.
- Manage all contracts within the service category across its lifecycle, including terminations, renewals, extensions and re-assignments.
- Identify and manage risk to the business together with the cross-functional contracting team (Finance, Legal, Operations, Maintenance Engineering)
- Identify innovative procurement solutions that provide efficiencies for the organisation
- Perform procurement analyses and reporting to assist management to track, monitor and achieve departmental targets.
- Maintain and improve relationships with all key stakeholders
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Identify and assess level of issue based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to the business, financial and legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Manage the Departmental budget
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant Degree or National Diploma in Commerce, Engineering or Business Management
- 8 years’ relevant experience, preferably 2 years’ managerial experience
- Understand Mining and Smelting process
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Policies and Procedures, Systems analysis, Mathematics
- South African Nationals are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment
- Competitive annual package and benefits
- Management level opportunity
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.