Safety Officer – UG (Mining / Health / SMATRAC / Equipment / Maintenance ) – Limpopo, South Africa
Reference No. 3 03 23 NM
Reference Number: 3 03 23 NM
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking a Safety Officer to join their team in Limpopo. The ideal incumbent will have experience working in the underground mining industry.
- Ensure all reasonable safety and health measures have been taken in respect of the use or handling of machinery and the performance of other work
- Ensuring that the safety equipment is maintained in good condition and properly utilized
- Ensure that the applicable requirements relating to the safety and health of employees, whether those requirements have the force of law, have been or are being complied with
- Ensure that all employees have been properly trained or possess the necessary qualifications for the safe execution of their work
- Report any threat or potential threat to the safety or health of any employee to the person in immediate charge of the working place or machinery in question
- If the person in immediate charge is not readily available, take the necessary steps to avert any such immediate threat and report such matter as soon as practicable, but not later than the end of the shift, to an official responsible for that working place or machinery
- Report a description of the working places or machinery inspected during the shift in question
- At the end of the shift give a report on the conditions or circumstances at such working places or machinery, including any failure to comply with the requirements
- Conduct reports on potential risk preventions and potential threats to the safety or health of any employee
- Subject to the provisions of the Regulations, investigate and report in writing to the Head of Safety on any accident or occurrence and directed by the Head of Safety for investigation; and
- Investigate and report in writing to the Head of Safety on any other accident or occurrence not mentioned in regulations, for which an investigation is deemed necessary by the Head of Safety and directed by the Head of Safety for investigation.
- Hold meetings with Safety Representatives of the mine/site or any other stakeholder involved, provided that such meetings shall be held at least once in every three months
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 3 Years relevant underground Mining / Process / Engineering experience
- Grade 12 certification
- COMSOC I & II and or SAMTRAC
- ISO 14001 & 45001
- IT IS / Train the Trainer
- Accident investigation (ICAM/RCAT/SCAT)
- First Aid
- Registration with a relevant recognized professional body
- Drivers License
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 5 year contract
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Nuraan Marlie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.