Reference No. 238 08 PMO
The purpose of this role is to provide leadership, expertise and direction to the operational mining teams to effectively manage mining operations, planning, scheduling, budgeting and execution of the production targets of the main operational sites in DRC
- Organize Implementation and monitoring of the long and short term mine planning and mine designing process for dredging operations.
- Overview/approve designs of detailed schedules and layouts.
- Implement/Overview/approve dredging production plans to the group management.
- Overview/approve mine engineering budgets.
- Mining studies management using in-house and third-party skills (consultants).
- Provide consultancy and expert advice on mining and mineral extraction projects.
- Establish production targets and monitor their achievement; assure that monthly progress plans are completed on a timely manner and are available.
- Work alongside with the Geological department to optimise grade control and minimize dilution through mine designs and mine plans.
- Ensure designs and applications are consistent with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and advice to the operating units ensuring maximum production, operational planning; ensure correct and up-to-date plans and information, and accurately measure key mining performance indicators.
- Ensure that a monthly digest of relevant KPIs, progress measurements and reports is available.
- Evaluate new and innovative products, techniques and procedures.
- Recognize options and advise on actions to adopt best practices for mine engineering.
- Advice, implement, assist and control mine improvement projects.
- Tracking actual progress against planned production.
- Regular coordination with Operations, Geology, and Survey groups to implement the weekly and monthly plan. In addition to the creation of forecasts to achieve monthly, and yearly budget targets.
- Work with Maintenance and Purchasing departments to provide engineering expertise, and improve cost optimization.
- Provide technical expertise to support the assumptions in mining reserves updates
- Comply with all technical, legal and safety measures
- Liaise with all mining operations and technical teams
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- 10 years of experience in production and mine planning
- 5-10 years of experience in open pit production, mine engineering and mine planning
- Fully proficient and competent in the following mine planning software packages:
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment
- Competitive annual package
- Opportunity to join a newly established PMO office responsible for a diverse portfolio of projects across Africa.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.