Site Manager Underground (Drilling / Blasting / Mining / Hard Rock) – Limpopo, South Africa
Reference No. 366-0703LH
Reference Number: 366-0703LH
Our client, an international mining services provider, is seeking a Site Manager with extensive underground drilling and blasting experience to join their team in Limpopo.
- Overseeing monthly production planning for the sections and ensure these are in line with the requirements of the approved annual mining business plan.
- Reviewing and setting production objectives in accordance with legislation, policies and procedures.
- Overseeing and reviewing inspections of working places, materials, products and equipment to detect defects, non-compliance or malfunctions and implement corrective measures to mitigate risks and achieve planned targets.
- Ensure section delivery targets are met in line with safety, performance, budget and quality requirements.
- Ensure optimal production is achieved through process efficiency, product security and information integrity.
- Enforcing the application of the Mine Health and Safety Act and Regulations, COPs, standards and procedures.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Cost saving and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Providing technical advice on mining solutions to ensure and enhance operational effectiveness.
- Mentoring, training and leading of subordinates to ensure team strength.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and relationship management.
- Accurate and timely reporting and record keeping.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Blasting Certificate or National Certificate Rock Breaking Underground Hard Rock Level 3 essential.
- Diploma or Degree in Mining Engineering or Geology advantageous.
- Mine Overseers Certificate of Competency essential.
- 10 years previous experience in underground drilling and blasting in hard rock mining environments.
- 5 years previous experience in a Supervisor or Manager level position in underground mining environments.
- 3 years previous project management experience holding a 2.6.1 legal appointment.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent contract.
- Relocation required.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Leanne Laas at email@example.com.
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.